.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Jodi Arias says she prefers death penalty in post-conviction interview

Jodi Arias says she would rather receive the death penalty than a long prison sentence after she was convicted of first-degree murder Wednesday, calling death "the ultimate freedom."

In an exclusive interview with MyFoxPhoenix.com, Arias says she was shocked by the verdict.

"I think I just went blank," Arias said. "I just feel overwhelmed. I think I just need to take it a day at a time. It was unexpected for me. There was no premeditation on my part."

Arias spent 18 days on the stand sharing intimate, emotional and oftentimes X-rated details of her life before a rapt television and online audience. She had hoped it all might convince a jury that she killed her one-time boyfriend, Travis Alexander, in self-defense. More

Nutty News Today – Nutty News Videos – Todays Nutty Joke – Nutty Facts - Nutty Politics