.

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Woman accused of child abuse; gave Adderall to son, 6, as experiment

Florida – A West Boca woman is facing a child abuse charge after deputies say she emailed her 6-year-old’s teacher to say she’d given the boy Adderall as an experiment, and asked for updates on any behavior changes.

Adderall is a drug often used to treat attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or A.D.H.D., which is characterized by hyperactivity and difficulty paying attention. The medication requires a prescription.

“I tried something today,” 39-year-old Heather McAuliffe wrote to the teacher early Wednesday, according to a Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

“I gave my son 5 milligrams of my Adderall just to see if there is a noticeable difference.

He does not know because I crushed it up in his yogurt.” Full Article

Nutty News Today – Nutty News Videos – Todays Nutty Joke – Nutty Facts - True Crime Today on Twitter