.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Woman Loses $2,000 In Telephone Scam

MONROEVILLE – A Monroeville woman is $2,000 poorer after she was targeted in a telephone scam.

The woman got a call Thursday morning from a man who said his name was “Dan,” her son’s best friend.

He said he was calling from jail, and he’d been hurt in an accident. He couldn’t stay on the phone long, and he could only make one call.

“He said I can’t talk too well, because I broke my nose and I have stitches in my mouth,” the woman said.

Another fast-talking man then came on the phone saying $2,000 would get “Dan” out of jail. More

Nutty News TodayNutty VideosNutty News Facebook PageNutty News on Twitter - Pinterest Nutty NewsNutty Videos on Twitter - True Crime: Updated 24-Hours A Day - True Facts - Sitting Monkey - Submit Nutty News